8.31.2009

Polish Pretzels

I've wanted to go to Poland for a long time. My grandparents are both from Warsaw and after miraculously surviving the Holocaust, ended up being sponsored and moving to the USA.

And so I'm American.

But in a different life I might have been living in Krakow, sipping a coffee in the local cafe, walking along the lovely river at sunset. It’s the one city that wasn’t destroyed in WW2 and its old Eastern European charm is enthralling.

The sky and clouds in this city were breathtaking; I could stop snapping photographs of its beauty against the medieval structure of the prince’s castle.

The architecture was enchanting, in a way that transports you back in time as you stroll over clean cobble stone streets that twist and turn, all directing you to a splendid city square. It was full of delightful restaurant and cafes, art and music.

I saw two wedding photo sessions, look how chic they are! Oh I adore summer weddings!

Pretzels on every street corner, just like New York!

The long hall of the Amber Bazaar

The river at dusk was dreamy and the night life so fun! I will definitely be back to this wonderful city!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin