1.07.2010

Inside Out

Ever since the Christian Dior Haute Couture FW 09/10 show I've wanted to wear my lingerie as outside garments.
 
*Actually, I've always collected obsessed over vintage slips. But now I want the corsets, tap shorts and garters too!*
Last year I went to a great vintage store and bought myself a lovely high waisted, white pair of tap shorts with a scalloped hem and two tiny side buttons. They fall in just the right way so that they are flowing away from me a bit like a skirt. I love them but for some reason have yet to wear them. ( I think it's because I really wanted a dusty rose or blush color and these turn out to be very see through; tights are a must.)

Here is Byrdie Bell in a vintage girdle that she wears as a skirt.
Paired with a button down = GENIUS


*New vintage hunt; A must have!*

Also, I just saw that Rumi has the coolest pair of tights ever! I love a garter as much as the next 40's fanatic and these tights allow you to wear one without actually doing so. Which for anyone who has ever worn a garter knows that this is an AMAZING idea!
(sorry for the distorted pic) 

Rumi's version: Chunky, long sweater + Big bag = Perfection!

I. Need. Now.

PC- Fashion Toast, Style.com

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad i'm not the only one who wants to wear lingerie, and doesn't care who sees it.
    The girdle skirt is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I'm getting a girdle as soon as I find the right one :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin