9.13.2009

A Fashion Halloween

The night was like Halloween, a fashion Halloween. So well put by my darling friend (and fellow blogger) Christine. The air was crisp, the wind was strong, and everyone was dressed up in their fashion best.
We started the night at Bergdorf and found ourselves in a line abuzz with talk of Victoria Beckham just leaving. Zac Posen had painted (while in the window display) the most gorgeous dresses ever! I am so sad I missed it, I've adored his dreamy designs since the beginning.
Once inside our presence was graced by the oh so lovely and freckled Caroline Trentini.
We were shuffled along in the crowd to see none other than Marchesa's Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig. Both stunning as they signed the night's signature T-shirt.
Rachel Zoe was also there with her husband, who was chatting with Mr. Georgina Chapman also known as Harvey Weinstein.
Christine snapped this cute Rachel Zoe picture who I must say is TINY.
We turned the corner to find Andre Leon Talley contucting a human board game with Donna Karan and friends. Emily Rossum watched on as Mr. Talley shouted questions from his fur covered throne.
It was all totally surreal and when P. Diddy walked next to me all I could utter was "Hiii".
Christine's picture is a two in one (check out who is behind her, on the left.)
We went upstairs to check out the shoes and I drooled over these luscious Louboutins
We needed to get over to Barneys, as the night was flying by and we didn't want to miss the festivity there.
There, we encountered Simon Doonan (the creative director) in the middle of a raffle.
Then I went on my quest to find my beloved Mary-Kate and Ashley. They were in the Men's department promoting their men's line for The Row.
The crowd was intense, it's ridiculous how famous they are.
After waiting they finally came out and people went crazy. Pictures were snapping, teens were shouting, and everyone was pushing.
To my luck, the girls ended up at a table right next to me! After much commotion Ashley finally hushed the crowd and proceed to offer everyone drinks and tell them "just hang out and chill."
(How cute is Ashley's smile?)
So after I sighed and swooned, Christine and I decided to mosey on our way. As we were leaving we ran into Hana Soukupova towing over us as she also left and Christine exchanged words with her fav Simon Doonan. (posing cute with his bag)
On Madison we went to the Donna Karan store to see my fav ginger model Coco Rocha doing Irish Step dancing and teaching a lucky few. Donna Karan looked as chic as ever, hanging out with the large crowd.
The night overall was loads of fun and definitely not lacking in style. We saw various models and socialites, including the bean pole thin and utterly stunning Lauren Santo Domingo at Tod's. Chrisitne and I spotted our fashion stars left and right, but my highlight is of course MKA.
The night was fabulous although I can't say that many people were actually purchasing clothing, which was the intended goal. But the other goal was to "Make fashion fun again," that goal was far exceeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin